Argan oil, also known as liquid gold, is a lightweight, multi-tasking oil loaded with natural antioxidants, essential fatty acids, high levels of vitamin E, and squalene. Argan oil stimulates intracellular oxygenation and delivers a high amount of moisture. Argan oil naturally corrects damaged skin restoring a youthful, healthy glow.
Argan Oil Benefits
- Extremely rich in natural antioxidants, essential fatty acids, carotenoids, ferulic acid, sterols, and polyphenols
- Has extremely high levels of vitamin E and squalene
- Has a wide range of uses from skin to hair and is very effective against skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis
- Stimulates intracellular oxygenation, neutralizes free radicals, and protects the soft tissue
- When applied to the skin, it restores and increases the nutrient content of skin cells.
- Known as a complete anti-aging product, which regenerates and restructures the skin
- Very rich in proteins that tighten skin and protect elasticity
- Undoes damage caused by harmful UV rays
- Helps prevent stretch marks, reduce wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots
- Doesn’t clog pores
- Improves the tone of skin and provides gives a glowy, brighter look
- Softens skin quickly
Key Components of Argan Oil
Tocopherols (Vitamin E)
Vitamin E is very high in antioxidants and plays a key role in protecting your skin from ultraviolet light, pollution, and free radicals. Vitamin E also regulates Vitamin A in the body, which is important for healthy skin. Sun protection is another benefit of Vitamin E due to its antioxidant properties, which protects your skin from sun damage and skin cancer. Argan oil helps protect skin with its high levels of Vitamin E.
Carotenes contain a vast amount of Vitamin A that help protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Carotenes are effective anti-aging components preventing and correcting the damage that’s already present. Argan oil is very high in carotenes making it a natural and powerful agent against sun damage.
Essential Fatty Acids
Essential Fatty Acids are extremely important for your skin when taken internally or when applied externally. Lacking EFAs can result in dry, flaky skin and skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis. EFAs are known for their anti-inflammatory effects on skin and making it soft and supple. EFAs can also improve the appearance of your skin by keeping it moist and increasing its strength. Argan oil contains as much as 80% of essential fatty acids and has shown to be extremely beneficial for people with photo-aged skin, as well as on scars.
Squalene is a natural, organic component present in all plants and animals. Argan oil contains very high levels of squalene, which protects against skin cancer, helps soothe dry skin, and protects it from free radicals.
Ferulic acid, also known as 4-hydroxy-3-methoxycinnamic acid, is a potent plant antioxidant and polyphenol that stabilizes Vitamins C and E. This doubles the power of the vitamins and boosts their ability to neutralize free radicals.
Argan oil contains phytosterols, which lend anti-aging benefits by promoting new collagen production that is lost from sun exposure and aging.
Argan oil contains polyphenols, which are natural plant components that have anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and antioxidant properties.
Argan oil is loaded with natural antioxidants such as Vitamin E, ferulic acid, polyphenols, and carotenes.
Argan oil contains about 20% of triterpene alcohols, which are well known for their anti-inflammatory properties.
Argan oil contains prostaglandin, a lipid compound, which is derived from fatty acids. Prostaglandin acts as a natural anti-inflammatory that aids in cell growth and has strong physiological effects such as relaxing smooth muscle tissue.