My husband prefers powder deodorant so I developed one for him that actually works, is free of baking soda (which a lot of people find irritating to their skin), and of course talc-free. He says the natural ones made with butter and oil leave a residue on his t-shirts that he’s not a fan of. I think this is the simplest recipe ever. You’re blending four powders together with a few drops of whichever essential oil you want to use. You can even omit the essential oil; it’s up to you. The deodorant will still work without it.
Ingredients & Supplies
- Arrowroot Powder – reduces odors, eliminates toxins
- White Cosmetic Clay/Kaolin Clay – absorbent
- Bentonite Clay – high concentration of minerals, removes toxins, absorbent
- Magnesium Hydroxide – absorbent
- Essential Oil of your choice – you only need a few drops!
- Magic Bullet
- Pyrex glass measuring cup (Use the pyrex measuring cup and whisk if you don’t have a Magic Bullet)
- Mini whisk
This is so easy to make. Here’s what I did:
Take 1 part of each powder and blend in a Magic Bullet (best way to incorporate essential oil) and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. If you don’t have a Magic Bullet, add all powders to a Pyrex glass measuring cup and then add essential oil. Quickly whisk until everything is mixed together. Make sure your essential oil is fully incorporated. Label and date your container and fill it up with product. I took 1/4 cup of each powder and added about 5 drops of Australian Sandalwood. My husband will not be running out of deodorant any time soon. Keep moisture out of your powder and keep the container closed when not in use and it will last a long time.